Of Cars And Mines

Death pages: Time for violence, I think
(Editors note: Wake up, time do die.)


«Game» It is now dusk.

«Ground Combat» You notice Allan arrive at Forest.
«Ground Combat» You notice Becker arrive at Forest.

Underwood is moving between the trenches, back and forth, up and down.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 12

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :1. Front Line Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#17233) Wounded Becker I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17201) Allan — (1) Front Line Trench I. Bren Gun
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Front Line Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
(Item 1) Webley Mk VI Ranged Weapon
(Item 2) .303 British x 200 Ammo
(Item 3) .303 British x 268 Ammo
(Item 4) .455 British x 184 Ammo

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Ground Combat» Allan deploys his Bren Gun!

Becker arrives from the north at a walk. Right now he is still out side the trench, but is heading along the backside of the Front Line Trench. Once at the edge, he hops down tipping his hat to the other soldiers. "Evening." he says, "Looks like it might be a bit chilly out tonight."

Allan moves back to his machine gun, sitting behind it idly as he starts to look to the east, having garnered his popularity points for the day.

«Ground Combat» Becker moves into Front Line Trench.

"As long as we don't get a few weeks of rain." Underwood grumbles, turning back south to continue his route.

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves South <S>.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 11

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Ground Combat» You are now peeking into Rue de Ghlin.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 11

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
======================< Rue de Ghlin (2 11) >===================
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

Map of Belgium: Mons--—-> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


_ _ = _ _ #
_ # = = = -
_ # = O = O
_ >#< = O = =
= = = = O
O O = O O O
# O = O # #
# # = # # #

Your coordinates are : 1 11

Standard Map Legend

i = Wheatfield

  1. = Forest

= Major road

_ = Pastures
O = Urban
~ = River
B = Bridge

= Desert

Z = Badlands/Rocks
@ = Swamp/Marsh
- = Minor road
! = Railway


Underwood peers out over the minefield before turning back on his route, exit stage north.

«Command» Underwood is added to Wallace's squad.
«Command» Allan is added to Wallace's squad.

Squad Organisation---> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


\Corporal Wallace - Skill : 2 (55%)
|
|
|
> Private Becker (Machinegunner) Lee Enfield SMLE > 50 rounds
|
> Private Alfred (Rifleman) Lee Enfield SMLE > 50 rounds
|
> Private Underwood (Rifleman) Lee Enfield SMLE > 50 rounds
|
> Llywelyn () Lee Enfield SMLE > 50 rounds
|
> Bailey () Lee Enfield SMLE > 50 rounds
|
> Private Allan (Grenadier) Bren Gun > 50 rounds

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves North <N>.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 12

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Front Line Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Front Line Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17233) Wounded Becker — (1) Front Line Tre I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17201) Allan — (1) Front Line Trench I. Bren Gun (D)
(Item 1) Webley Mk VI Ranged Weapon
(Item 2) .303 British x 200 Ammo
(Item 3) .303 British x 268 Ammo
(Item 4) .455 British x 184 Ammo
======================< Rue de Ghlin (2 11) >===================
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Game» Becker changes his style to RapidFire!

Allan nods, "I've been here a week.. maybe… not all too long really… does get pretty dreary, bad food and shelling.. bad on your health."

Becker chuckles, "There are a lot of things about war that are bad for your health."

Underwood wanders up again, stiffling a yawn on the way, "I hope we're enough men here to get some sleep tonight, didn't get much of that last night."

«Ground Combat» You are now peeking into Rue de Ghlin.

Allan laughs, "Touche!" he says, glancing over at Underwood, "Check on the men to the south?"

Becker shoots a nod towards Underwood, "I think between the three of us, we can rotate one of us getting a little shut eye here and there."

«Announcement from Death!» Boom, big explosion at 2 11

"I think we'll hear if someone is.." And Underwood does, turning to head back south.

Becker looks towards Underwood, "On me, lets go! Allan, watch the east."

«Ground Combat» Allan undeploys his Bren Gun!

Allan nods, picking up his Bren and moving to join the squad leader.

«Ground Combat» You notice Wallace arrive at Forest.

Becker looks towards Allan, "No! Stay here and keep a look out." As he spots Wallace, "Underwood and I are going to investigate."

«Ground Combat» Becker moves South <S>.

"Someone stepped on a mine, that much is clear" Underwood mutters, "Couldn't they just stay away"

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves South <S>.

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!

Becker runs southward along the slit trench and finds a spot with a good view to the east. He drops to a knee and raises his rifle, "Hopefully its just a stray dog."

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 0.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

Underwood pulls down his head, "That doesn't sound like a stray dog, got any M68s?"

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!
«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)

Becker shakes his head, "Nothing but a mills."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

«Command from Wallace» Becker, I need a headcount, what do we have down there?!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!

Becker points to the east when the enemy MG lets up, "I got an Armored car down there just north of the intersection…15 meters east of the tree line."

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

«Game» Becker unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!
«Game» Becker wields his Mills Bomb!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

Becker preps his rifle to shoot a mills, "Lets see if this shakes them up a bit."

«Ground Combat» Becker fires his Mills Bomb at SdKfz. 221 but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Grenades from Forest (1 11)!

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!
«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

"Might as well fall back north then" Underwood is feeling a tad bit exposed here, "Don't have anything here to play with it"

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

(#17233) Becker is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!
«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

Vehicle Database---—> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


SDKFZ. 221
GERMAN

Type Armoured Car
Base Ticks to Move 90
Chassis Type Wheeled
Base Ticks to Enter 80
Max Passengers 5
Driving Skill Req. Drive Automobile

Front Armour 8mm
Side Armour 8mm
Rear Armour 8mm

7.92mm MG 34
Skill Required Machine Guns
Ammo when Loaded 100
Base Ticks to Shoot 55
Base Ticks to Reload 300
Fire Mode FA
Ammo Type : 7.92-57
Accuracy Mods 0.25/0.8/0.7
Penetration 5mm
Damage Code d8
Weapon Tags

The Leichter Panzerspahwagen series of armoured cars (Light Armoured Recon Vehicle, roughly) were light 4 x 4 armoured cars which performed well enough in countries with good road networks, but proved a poor recon vehicle in Russia or Africa, with a rather dismal off road performance.


Becker shoots a nod towards Underwood, "Go up there and let Sgt Wallace know what we are dealing with. See if they have any grenades to send down here. I'll be up there in a moment or two."

«Command from Wallace» Alfred, move south, assist Allan. I'm moving supplies south for you, Becker.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

(#17233) Becker is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!
«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)

(#17233) Becker is missed by the 7.92mm MG 34 mounted on (#10484) SdKfz. 221!
«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Rue de Ghlin! (2 11)

«Game» Underwood changes his style to Sprint!
«Ground Combat» Underwood moves North <N>.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 12

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Front Line Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Front Line Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17202) Wounded Alfred — (1) Front Line Tre I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17221) Wounded Wallace — (1) Front Line Tr I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17201) Allan — (1) Front Line Trench I. Bren Gun (D)
(Item 1) Webley Mk VI Ranged Weapon
(Item 2) .303 British x 200 Ammo
(Item 3) .303 British x 268 Ammo
(Item 4) .455 British x 184 Ammo
======================< Chemin du Prince (1 10) >===================
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Game» Alfred assists Allan!

«Equipment» Wallace has dropped .303 British x 184.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Underwood comes running up the trench, "Anyone got any M68s?" he asks, looking around the trench.

«Game» Alfred changes his style to TakeCover!

«Equipment» Wallace has dropped M68 AT Grenade.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Wallace tosses a M68 to Underwood, then actually climbs up and out of the trench.

«Ground Combat» Wallace moves out of Front Line Trench.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Equipment» Underwood has dropped Mills Bomb.
«Equipment» Underwood picks up M68 AT Grenade.

«Game» Alfred assists Allan!

Allan continues up his steady fire, arcing his bullets as best he can, watching the tracers to guide them onto the distant target.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You notice Becker arrive at Forest.
«Game» Becker wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

Allan fires off another mag, pausing to peer to the northeast, "Buggers…." he says, "Reload me."

«Equipment» Wallace picks up .303 British x 200.

«Ground Combat» Alfred reloads Allan's Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Underwood has just grabbed the M68 when he sees Becker arrive.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Becker comes sprinting in from the south. Once in the safety of the Front Line Trench, the soldier takes a knee, "We need grenades or an MG that has enough fire power to punch through…" He thinks back to his training and guesses, "7-10mm worth of armor?"

«Equipment» Becker picks up Mills Bomb.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Wallace has climbed out of the trench, and is actually gathering ammo crates that someone hadn't actually moved into the cover of the trench. He snarls as pain lances through his chest when he tries to pick up another box, but he manages it anyway, and begins to move toward the cover once more.

«Equipment» Wallace picks up 100 x .303 British .

Allan hasn't been told to stop firing, so he just keeps going, quickly rattling off another magazine, removing it and tossing it aside, "More ammo!"

«Ground Combat» Alfred reloads Allan's Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Becker collects a Mills Bomb up from off the ground and looks towards Wallace awaiting further instruction. "What's the plan Sergeant?"

"Becker! What's your pineapple count?!" Wallace calls out as he tries to get back to the trench.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

Becker replies, "I have one on me. Also that vehicle is toast. The MG still works, but its looks like its axel and probably the engine where shacked by that mine."

Alfred Hmms, "I got 2 Mills bomb here." he says and pets his belt.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» Wallace moves into Front Line Trench.

Becker looks towards Alfred, "Hand 'em over. We'll try to take another crack at that car down there."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Equipment» Alfred has dropped Mills Bomb.
«Equipment» Alfred has dropped Mills Bomb.

«Game» Underwood changes his style to Stealth!

«Equipment» Becker picks up Mills Bomb.

Wallace nods. "All Grenades to Becker and Underwood. I want you both down there and back as quick as you can."

Allan tosses his own grenades to the pile, letting his MG cool somewhat.

«Equipment» Allan has dropped Mills Bomb.
«Equipment» Wallace has dropped Stielhandgranate.

Allan says "Load"

«Ground Combat» Wallace reloads Allan's Bren Gun!

Underwood isn't going to rush back into the MG fire though, hoping for a whee! bit of luck as he sneaks back down there.

Wallace has the ammunition on him, and after slapping a clip into place on the Bren, he dumps the rest nearby.

«Equipment» Wallace has dropped .

Becker starts collecting grenades and then ditches any other equipment he doesn't need. Dropping the excess gear to the south, he fastens his gear tight to make less noise.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» Allan fires indirect at Rue de Ghlin (2 11) with his Bren Gun!
«Equipment» Wallace has dropped .303 British x 272.

«Game» Becker changes his style to Stealth!

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves South <S>.

«Game» Underwood unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Game» Underwood wields his M68 AT Grenade!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» You are now peeking into Rue de Ghlin.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 11

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. M68 AT Grenade
======================< Rue de Ghlin (2 11) >===================
Unmanned (#10484) SdKfz. 221 Armoured Car

Axis (#8862) Wounded Hoffmann I.
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Game» Underwood unwields his M68 AT Grenade!
«Game» Underwood wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

Underwood shouts, "MG CEASE FIRE, CAR EMPTY".

«Game» Underwood changes his style to Banzai!
«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his Lee Enfield SMLE at Hoffmann and hits!
Hoffmann suffers 7 wound damage to his left leg.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (1 11)!
«Ground Combat» You notice Becker arrive at Forest.

Underwood fires off a decent enough shot, he'll be limping for a while now.

Becker crawls in, "What do we got here?" He asks as he begins to try to peek to the east to see what caused the rifle fire.

Underwood is firing at the road, "Crew out of the car"

Hoffmann is badly wounded and crawling back to enemy lines, shrapnel blasted. Then, all of a sudden, he's even more wounded.

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his Lee Enfield SMLE at Hoffmann but misses!

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his Lee Enfield SMLE at Hoffmann and hits!
Hoffmann suffers 3 wound damage to his left chest.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (1 11)!

«Ground Combat» Hoffmann has been mortally wounded!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

Becker is still trying to get a view to the east, but as the sound of MG fires erupts over his head he begisn to signal to the north, 'Enemy MG East'

«Game» Becker unwields his Mills Bomb!
«Game» Becker wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

"And he's out" Underwood reports, "I doubt they'll charge over here with the minefield in place, I hope we have people to the north." He shakes his head at Becker, "Out of range for us, better keep our Bren where it is"

«Game» Underwood changes his style to TakeCover!

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 11

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#17233) Wounded Becker — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
======================< Rue de Ghlin (2 11) >===================
Unmanned (#10484) SdKfz. 221 Armoured Car

Axis (#8862) Dying Hoffmann I.
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E> South <S> North <N>

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Command from Wallace» Llwyelyn, Report. Becker, do not pursue infantry beyond trench, the MG fire is just cover. Keep your heads down.

«Ground Combat» You notice Alfred arrive at Forest.

Becker shoots a nod to Underwood and sends further hand signals to the north.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Game» Becker changes his style to TakeCover!

«Game» Alfred changes his style to TakeCover!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«AngelOfDeath» Hoffmann breathes his last…

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You notice Klaus arrive at Rue de Ghlin.

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his Lee Enfield SMLE at Klaus but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (1 11)!

Becker crawls over to a location with some sandbags for better cover. Becker goes to the prone position with just barely his head and rifle extending out from the trench as he peers to the east.

Klaus runs over to Hoffmann, with a whole lot of cover fire. But by the time he makes it to Hoffmann, the man has bled out. He starts running back again.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires his Lee Enfield SMLE at Klaus but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (1 11)!

"Just a med" Underwood lowers his rifle, starting to reload instead.

«Ground Combat» Underwood reloads his Lee Enfield SMLE!

Becker fires a single shot to the east. As Underwood recongizes the man as a medic he nods, "Cease fire. Cease Fire."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Urban (3 11)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!
«Ground Combat» Becker reloads his Lee Enfield SMLE!

Alfred hmms, "A medic?" he asks and then lovers his weapon. He nods his head to Becker and Underwood, "Good choice gentleman." he says.

«Ground Combat» Klaus moves East <E>.

Becker continues to survey the east, "Either of you see anything besides the smoldering hulk of a car?"

Alfred shakes his head, "Not really." he reports back.

Underwood shakes his head, "That medic was quite lucky not stepping on a mine, I think we should send some people north so we don't end up like the first time around."

Becker looks between the two other men, "Alfred. If they need back up, your the man on the move and will assist to back them up. Clear?"

Alfred nods his head, "Yes." he says, "I understand."

«Command from Wallace» Becker, I need at least one set of eyes south from your position. All's clear so far.

Becker watches the north spotting Wallace. He then turns towards his group,

"Underwood and Alfred. You guys continue to watch the east, I'll watch the South. Sergeant wants all three of us here unless some action kicks up north."

Becker finds a position on the southside of the trench. His weapon surveys east and southeast of the position searching for any enemy activity. With the south being another units sector, he wasn't inclined to start shooting in there with out some top cover saying so. No need for a fratiside incdent along the line.

"And never do you want to smoke as much as when you can't" Underwood grumbles, giving the road a last glance. "Well, all quiet now, I better get back to my duties then."

«Game» Underwood changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves North <N>.

Underwood jogs up the trench, back to his earlier duty here in the calm.

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves North <N>.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 13

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently dusk.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17219) Llywelyn — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

Llywelyn is on look-out, eyes trained to the east, searching for Jerries. He's not finding any but he keeps looking.

«Game» It is now night time.

Underwood is jogging up the trench, patrol duty, but when he comes up here he pauses and peers out to the east. "All quiet again."

«Ground Combat» You are now peeking into Rue de Ghlin.

Forest

The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 1 13

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.

It is currently night time.

Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench

===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17219) Llywelyn — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
======================< Rue de Ghlin (2 13) >===================
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%

West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

Llywelyn shrugs. "Quiet here. The boys south of us, it sounds like they spotted a fair bit of something awhile ago. I've been lucky, I guess."

"Armoured car, crew, a medic" Underwood replies, "That's about it, it hit a mine the car, could only shoot, couldn't move so they bailed out." He continues eyeing the east, "And all I want is a smoke and some sleep."

«Ground Combat» You notice Wallace arrive at Forest.

«Command from Wallace» Report, all heads.

Llywelyn nods to Underwood. "We were lucky, I suppose. I wonder if there's any tea left." He had a cuppa early but most its now spilled on his uniform.

Underwood looks around in the trench at the mentioning of tea, failing to spot that, seeing Wallace instead he stands up straight and looks out over the road, "All quiet here"

«Game» Underwood changes his style to Banzai!

"Anyone got a flare?" Underwood speaks up, "Gives us a better glimpse of the road."

«Ground Combat» You look around for hidden targets in your line of sight.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

Llywelyn shakes his head, peering and blinking. "Haven't a flare, sorry to say."

Wallace shakes his head quickly and frowns. "Nothing here. Just make sure you keep an eye to the east." (and burn ticks on +lookout)

«Ground Combat» Wallace moves South <S>.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (1 12)!

Llywelyn nods after Wallace has gone. "Nothing. Aye."

«Ground Combat» You look around for hidden targets in your line of sight.

"Wonder if they saw something or if they're just shooting at brain ghosts out there in the dark." Underwood doesn't take his eyes off the road, even though he is curious what goes on out there in the fog of war.

«Command from Wallace» No activity reported, we're all clear.

Llywelyn shakes his head in answer to Underwood. "I've not a clue. Ghosts as likely as anything else, in this place." He settles back to watch but, now that the sound of gunfire has dissipated, he lets himself calm a bit.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.