Holding The Line

Wallace doesn't quite salute the LT, but he does snap his boots together in quick attention before moving to help the others load the gear. "Good. Getting tired of hanging around here as it is." The words are spoken somewhat low-key, closer to a grumble than any real directed communication.

"Lieutenant. We're not a dock gang, private." The reproach is almost automatic, but Rupert does add a patronizing smile to soften the blow. He nods to Wallace, narrowing his eyes at the lack of proper adress or Salute. Oh woe, garrison life draining away proper discipline. With his watery blue eyes still on the corporal, he says, "We'll be moving out in half an hour. Get your gear ready if you haven't done that already."

A youngish man for a captain, in his late twenties, unfortunately for him he is a bit baby faced so he could be mistaken for an 20 year old. He's also quite handsome in a boyish way, with clear skin, soft brown eyes, brown hair, and a well moulded face - not to mention the body of a fanatical rugby player. An introspective man, his forehead is usually creased into a thoughtful frown, and his voice is usually quiet and subdued.
He has on the khaki uniform of the BEF, with the usual steel Brodie helmet on his head, and the three pips of a captain. His voice is distinctly upper class, when he speaks, but he seems to know what he's on about.

Rupert peers around, only detecting the approach of the captain by the gradual stiffening of the soldiers around him. Finally he looks around, to see the senior officer bearing down on him. He offers the man an eager smile, and a slightly spastic salute. Orders!

Wallace is glad he's turned away from the leiutenant, because the smirk on his features probably would have earned him at least a week of kitchen duty. By the time he turns around, though, his expression is the careful mixture of attentiveness and bland emotionlessness that is considered the norm for military service. "I've come prepared, sir." With that done, he turns to help stack a pile of sandbags that are nearby.

Jones lends a hand with the sandbags, biting his bottom lip idly as he keeps quiet, awaiting word from the Captain as he works.

Harris returns the salute. "Change of plan, Rupert." the man says easily. He's from the same sort of career soldier class as Orm-Herrick is, theres a camaraderie in being a borderline toff. "The French want us in Belgium, so all that digging we've been doing for the past year is all for nothing. I guess the plan is to dig the trenchlines as far away from French soil as possible. In any case, we're moving up. Here are your orders.". A thick sheaf of paper, including a map, is thrust into the lieutenants hand. "The French we're with lack motor transport, so we're supposed to somehow squeeze them into our trucks. It'll be a tight fit, I'm sure, but I'm also sure we'll manage.".

"I say." Rupert accepts the papers, fumbling a little to keep them tightly together. He glances around, "Shame about the trenches, sir, but I know that my men are eager to be on the move again. So we're digging in and helping the Frog-" Rupert coughs diplomatically, "The French secure their line? I'm sure we can squeeze in a few extra chaps into our trucks."

Private Becker hurries to the gathering point from the east. He travels at a light job trying to make up for lost time that he had spent at the barracks. He was unsure if he was early or late to the gathering, better to be safe then sorry. As he approaches, he slows down to a walk to try to fall into the crowd unnoticed.

Wallace continues moving the sandbags, as he hasn't been ordered to stop, and to do so would imply he was eavesdropping. Still, hearing the news, he does feel a bit better… anything to get out of here.

Gaetan has arrived.

Harris indicates a little line on the map. "In Belgium." he says gently. "This is the route. We might get separated, as there are a lot of Belgian refugees on the road apparently.". How bothersome. "So you should be clear where you are supposed to be going, just in case. When we arrive at our future line, we'll be digging in again, on a road north of Mons.".

Jones hands the next sandbag to Wallace and picks up another, keeping up the chain. Under his breath, the young man groans at the news. "All this digging.. Damn."

"North of Mons, jolly good. See you in Belgium then, Michael." Rupert turns around, shouting to Wallace, "On the trucks! Get the platoon moving, corporal." He glances down at the papers in his hands, before looking up to his CO again, to see if there are more instructions to be had.

Gaetan hurries to the gathering point alongside Private Becker.

Apparently not, as Harris is already moving on, to 3rd platoon nearby, judging by the direction he's taking.

Wallace catches the orders and tosses the last of the sandbags onto the pile they've been making. "Alright boys, pack it up, we're out of here! Pick up anything that isn't nailed down or made of dirt and hop in those trucks, on the double!" Wallace moves to follow his own orders, plucking up what looks to be a radio before stepping up on the side of the truck and holding a hand out to others that need a hand up.

(From Truck #17198) Wallace sees that everyone is onboard, he files in behind the rest, taking a seat at the end before pulling the gate closed behind him. "All Clear!" he calls to the driver.

From Truck #17198) Rupert calls out to the driver, "Drive on."

(From Truck #17198) Private Becker finds a seat in the middle and points the barrel of the MG down towards his feet. At least if there was an accedentel discharge, the bullets would blow off a foot rather then take off his head. The Canadian soldier peers down the line of other soldiers and shoots a nod towards Gaetan, the other French Canadian soldier in the squad. "I got a package yesterday from home. Maple Syrup amongst other stuff. Did you know its damn near impossible to find that stuff here? How is a man supposed to eat flap jacks with out it?"

(From Truck #17198) Rupert studies the tactical maps and the assorted papers as the truck rumbles onwards, slightly pale in the face. He doesn't travel well, so all the jolting is making him a bit sick. Luckily, he's not visible to his intrepid platoon.

Gaetan takes an available seat across from Becker and rests his rifle facing up. He hunches forward, one hand scratch the back of his hairy neck and he says, "I know, eh? I keep a little bit with me on my belt to get through the long trecks." He gives a grin and says, "Better than coffee, eh?"

Jones eyes Becker aside, chuckling a bit. "Leave it to the provincials to drink trees by the gallon," he jibes with a grin. Jolting merrily along with the rifle butt between his boots and the barrel against his shoulder.
(From Truck #17198) Underwood has gotten as comfortable as he can, preparing himself for a long and bumby ride, he doesn't look all that eager, if it is because of the truck of the soon to be arriving at the front is hard to tell.

(From Truck #17198) Becker laughs both at Jones and Gaetan. His attention goes first to Jones, "Oh it sure is better then that tea that you chaps go on and on about. I'll stick with my maple syrup and flapjacks and a nice hot cup of joe any day of the week."

"You can keep the tree-juice AND the coffee, if only I can get a decent whiskey," Jones returns to Becker, grinning aside at Gaetan as the other joins in the banter.

(From Truck #17198) Wallace just listens to the banter, and adds in with a quick grin, "Ahh yes, a good whiskey. Now you're talking."

(From Truck #17198) Private Becker looks between those talking about whiskey, "There is nothing finer then a Cadadian Whiskey." He turns towardes Gaetan, "Ain't that right?" He looks around the truck and jokes, "We should be defending Canadian shore it has it all. Fine women, maple syrup, good whiskey, and did I mention the women?"

(From Truck #17198) Fawkes has been forgettably quiet, up until now. He clears his throat and then suggests, "Sir, care to go over the plan again?" The sergeant keeps his eyes peeled, ready to grab the wheel should the LT get preoccupied.

«Ground Vehicles» Rupert gets out of Truck.
Chemin du Prince

(From Truck #17198) Wallace actually barks out in laughter. "I guess fine women, if you like them with a single eyebrow" Wallace quips, a grin spreading across his features to indicate his teasing.

Becker hopes out from the vehicle shooting a quick retort towards Wallace, "Well I can deal with a single eyebrow if it meens she has all her teeth." Now out of the truck, he begins to prep his gear.

Rupert shrugs at Fawkes, handing him the maps. "No plan so far, sergeant. We've been given orders to dig in on the road North of Mons. We're going to set up a defensible position there, and help secure the froggy line. We should be htere soon."

Some time later, bumping along roads choked with Belgians all headed in the opposite direction, you come to a particularly big obstruction in the road. A large and heavy French tank sits in the middle of the road, looking obstinately immobile, with the French tank crew sitting on top of it, looking helpless. The already large crowd is of epic proportions around the thing, slowing the truck's progress down to… 0.

Rupert climbs out of the truck, holding his SMG down as he peers up at the tank. He calls out, "I say, you chaps are blocking the road! Is there a problem?"

Gaetan climbs out of the truck, keeping the rifle low as he surveys the locale area. He sniffs the area, keeping his voice low and directed to Jones nearby, "Ya smell that…."

Fawkes pauses halfway out of the truck, a foot on the step as he prepares for more toil. He eyes the woods tot he north, the buildings to the south, then resigns himself to their predicament.

Alfred gets out of the truck with the rest of the group, he looks around at the heavy tank, he hmms, "I don't suppose we can push that thing." he jokes.

The Frenchmen look at le rosbif who is talking to them, and look blank. One of them replies, in French, after assuming the question was 'why are you blocking the road?' - "The track is broken, we can't move the tank, so we're stuck. The rest left us here while they pressed on.".

Private Becker peers out towards the broken down tank blocking the road with a bit of confusion. "Damn French. You think they would have at least ran the damn thing off the road before it broke down." His attention shifts towards Gaetan and he sniffs the air as well, "What do you smell?"

Wallace climbs down out of the truck and begins to pat himself, checking that each bit of his gear is in place, and re-shoulders his rifle. "Or drive it." Wallace answers, but that's before he spots the Frenchmen actually inside the thing. "Terrific" he grumbles, moving toward the front of the group outside the truck.

Jones looks around, taking a deep breath, and leaning against the outside of the truck. "So.. we supposed to dig in here, then? If the froggy tank is going to be a wall, we might as well use it as one, right?" A lazy grin as he waits to hear what Becker smells.. "I think I smell a punchline coing.."

Rupert frowns up at the tankers, taking almost a full minute to mentally translate that utterance. He glances at the broken track, as if for confirmation, then turns back, "Allright, road is blocked! We're going to have to leave the truck here, so get your full gear, entrenchment equipment, and all combat gear with you! We're going to be walking rest of the way. Corporal Wallace, you're walking at the rear to make sure our column stays tight! Sergeant Fawkes, you're taking point. This area is in friendly hands, so we shouldn't expect much trouble. I just don't want you chaps getting strung out among all these refugees."

"But", Underwood has time to both mumble and cut off his objection, instead grabbing his gear and getting ready for a walk.

Gaetan listens to Rupert give direction before responding to Jones and Becker, "Saurkraut.."

Becker lets out a small laugh as he pats Gaetan on the shoulder, "I'm sure you'll kill all the Germans with your humor and we can be back home in a week." Becker slings his ruck over his back and preps to move out. He finds his spot in the line and intentionally keeps a five meter distance from the man in front of him. He doesn't want to get hit by a stray bullet aimed at the man infront of him or even worse.. a greande.

Wallace moves to do as he's told, climbing into the truck long enough to hand out all of the entrenching gear to the others. "Form a line!" he calls out to the others, so gear can get passed about without too much trouble.

Rupert calls out, "Driver, look for an alternative route, and try to take her… Wait a moment." He walks up to the truck, and shows the map to the driver, "Here. We'll hopefully be there already, and have gotten started with digging in. Cheerio." He steps back, and calls out cheerfully, "Chin up lads, a bit of a walk never did anyone any harm."

Jones quips with a chuckle, drawing a deep breath through the nose, "Silly me, I thought he was going to say wine and cheese," as he too falls into step with the others. Brows drawing together as he overhears Rupert's instructions, he wonders of the nearest soldier, "If the truck can just go around, why are we..?"

Fawkes takes a deep breath before stepping away from the truck. "You heard the man, form it up!" he brays, playing the part of the hard sergeant. He observes the men as they assemble, walking down the line. "Laces snug, tighten those straps, canteens at ready." There's nothing really wrong with the men, and he doesn't directly single anyone out—just grunting general good advice as he passes. Once at the back of the team, he jogs back to the front. "Section's good, L'tenant; I'll double-time a good bit ahead, they'"
"…they're all yours." Must've hiccuped.

Rupert nods to Fawkes. "Good show, sergeant. Lead on, on the double."

Gaetan says to Jones, "Buddy, you keep talking about food and drinks and I'll be wanting dinner early tonight."

So, you trek off. It is indeed quicker on foot, but you'd be surprised. You gotta find ways through hedges and things, walking against the madding crowd is even worse than driving against them.

Rupert arrives from the South.
Underwood has arrived.
Underwood arrives from the West.
Jones has arrived.
Jones arrives from the South.
Becker has arrived.
Becker arrives from the South.
You paged Fawkes with 'Hmmmm… Hmmmmm…'.

Coordinates : 11 12

A main thoroughfare, this road connects Liege, one of the biggest cities in Belgium, to Germany. As might be expected it is a fast road and well suited for military traffic. Even with refugees on it.
It is currently daytime.
Sub-Rooms :
Contents
Becker
Jones
Underwood
Rupert
Fawkes
Harris
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

Gaetan has arrived.
Gaetan arrives from the West.

Harris is already here, with one other platoon of Brits. The others - nowhere to be seen. Going off road was probably a good thing as far as you lot were concerned, as from your vantage point climbing over gates in hedgerows you could see Stukas prowling over the roads, and hear the sounds of bombs going off in the distance.

Becker passes out gear as instructed. His gear was already squared away. Empty sandbags stored inside his ruck, a e-tool attached to the outside, a few rations and water tucked away with a small light blanket. He was set. He now falls in line and continues the march eastward with the other soldiers.

After another quip about maple syrup and sauerkraut, Jones relents on the food talk, and finds more constructive things to joke about, trudging along with the others. The jokes taper off when they arrive at the designated position.

Wallace has arrived.
Wallace arrives from the South.

Alfred has arrived.
Alfred arrives from the South.

Rupert arrives at the destination looking considerably less fresh than when he started out, convincingly almost like a real soldier, and still eager and in good spirits. He calls out to Fawkes as they approach, "It should be right there, we're digging in around this area. Looks like the CO is already here."

Rupert breaks away from the formation, walking towards the captain, "Sorry we're a bit late, sir, but we had a hold-up on the road, and had to go cross-country."

Fawkes is breathing heavily by the time the section arrives, having jogged ahead the last bit. He nods to the Lieutenant and approaches the men. "Looks like we're the roadblock team, boys," he grunts, lifting up on his tiptoes to peer over their shoulders. "Although until that gunne gets here, we're just a speed-bump. Well, orders is as they is; dig in."

Harris has had little to do, the efficient LT of 1st platoon having everything well in hand, and nobody else is even about. When Rupert shows up he looks quite happy, indeed. "Rupert, excellent." he says after the usual military courtesies. "It's been a nightmare getting up the roads. This is your position, anyway, the French Chasseurs are on the road ahead of us, we are the second line. So you should have plenty of time to dig in.". A pause, and then, "Where is the lorry? And the gun?".

Becker hangs in the back letting the NCOs and Officers do their thing. A responceablity he was glad not to have. A quick glance is made towards Gaetan, "What do you think they're talking about up there?"

Underwood just gets some rest now when they have finally arrived, eyeing the surroundings almost as much as he was eyeing the Stukas earlier.

Jean-Michel has arrived.

"There was an immobilized froggy tank blocking the road. I ordered the men to dismount, and told the driver to find an alternative route here. I imagine that he's still trying to make it past all those damn refugees." Rupert looks around,

"So I suppose we need to cut the road. Do we have wire or mines, sir, or it just plain old holes in the ground?" He turns around to Fawkes, "Sergeant, have the men dig two trenches here in the road, a trench to the north, and another one further north of there. We need to connect them too, but we might not have time for that."

Becker isn't normaly lucky enough to choose where he wants to dig in. Heading to Cpl Wallace he refirs to the NCO for guidance, "Where do you want the MG set up Corporal?" He then points to a soft patch of dirty just off the road to the north. That is because he is lazy and digging up roots was never fun.

"There was an immobilized froggy tank blocking the road. I ordered the men to dismount, and told the driver to find an alternative route here. I imagine that he's still trying to make it past all those damn refugees." Rupert looks around, "So I suppose we need to cut the road. Do we have wire or mines, sir, or it just plain old holes in the ground?" He turns around to Fawkes, "Sergeant, have the men dig two trenches here in the road, a trench to the south, a trench to the north, and another one further north of there. We need to connect them too, but we might not have time for that."

Harris shakes his head at the question. "No wire or mines yet, I think the whole battalion is strung out along the road. They are probably back with your antitank gun." he says. Still not too worried yet after all, they got plenty of time before Fritz shows up.

Jean-Michel comes moving in, most likely separated from his actual squad. The private sees the group of British and move towards them, rifle slung over his back. His English minimal, he does not understand what people are saying but, well, he's another body in the war.

«Entrenchment» Alfred digs a foxhole!

«Entrenchment» Fawkes digs a foxhole!

Alfred looks around the place, "So this is where we will defend." he says and starts investigating the area, he grabs his shovel from his back and starts digging, he pushes the sand from the ground to the eastern path, "The enemy will come from east right?" he asks.

«Entrenchment» Jean-Michel works on improving fortifications, but does a poor job of it.

«Entrenchment» Alfred works on improving fortifications, but does a poor job of it.

«Entrenchment» Rupert makes a connection between
Chemin du Prince/Foxhole
and
Chemin du Prince/Foxhole

«Entrenchment» Jean-Michel makes a connection between
Chemin du Prince/Foxhole
and
Forest/Foxhole

«Entrenchment» Jean-Michel makes a connection between
Chemin du Prince/Foxhole
and
Urban/House
Urban

Becker finishes up his time digging handing his E-Tool to another soldier to take his turn. Becker deploys his MG and points the weapon eastward providing some overwatch should the Germans come earlier then expected. (reposes since everyone was running around)

Rupert walks around supervising the digging operations and being generally useless. He does some digging, but he's clearly not that good with it, so he moves on more into the managerial side at some point.

Alfred finishes digging the foxhole, he seems to be a bit ried. "Gah." he says and nods his head, "It is ready." he says, but seems to be covered in a bit dirt.

Jean-Michel moves about, ordered by the English. Well, it's difficult for him to exactly understand what they're saying but sign language goes a long way. A shovel is slung over his shoulder while he goes about working like a busybody.

Fawkes strolls forth, a dirty shovel hanging over his shoulder. "Escape trench is dug, L'tenant," he reports, watching over the officer's shoulder—on the lookout for snipers.

Jones comes up from the south, reporting, "Dug in to the south, but the engineers thought the house was more defensible. Its as strong as it can get, boss.."

Becker lays down in the prone position finding some natural cover along the side of the road as the Bren Gun surveys the east road for any signs of moment. A glance is made towards Gaetan, "So much for them clean uniforms right? I just picked mine up from the laundry today and they're filthy already."

You're sitting there digging, all day. Refugees continue walking by, and don't have much of a care for your position either, the blighters - walking right through it half the time. There aren't really enough of you for proper sentries either, so not much you can do about it. On the plus side the Luftwaffe leave you alone. Around midday, you see more French soldiers - coming back the other way, in their heavy Char tanks, headed west. The lead Char pauses while they all rumble past, and the French capitaine climbs out, to talk to le rosbifs.

Rupert nods to Fawkes, "Good job, sergeant." He looks around as the Truck arrives, "See to it that our heavier gear is unladen, and set up the AT gun in the trench. After the truck's unloaded, drive it a bit west down the road, so it isn't exposed here." He nods to Jones report, glancing at the house. As the Char rolls up, Rupert stands up, calling out to the frenchman in bad French, "Alors! Where are you draining?"

Gaetan admits to Becker with a smile , "Yeah I know, eh. Looks like I'm bringing a piece of Belgium home with me." He empties some dirt from one of his pockets.

«Ground Vehicles» Fawkes unhitches 2 pdr antitank gun from Truck!

Jean-Michel is busying himself with the trenches with the other British engineers pointing him to do what need be. The Frechman keeps an eye and ear on the French squad while busying himself, pausing to hear what they say.

Le capitaine looks around. "We have orders to pull back west. What are you still doing here?" he wonders, faintly confused. "You are covering our movement?".

Becker watches the tank approach from the east and come to a hault, "Are they retreating?" The French-Canadian winces for a moment, "Come on, these guys at least have to make an effort to defend their country. I meen what am I doing here fighting for them if they are just going to retreat to Spain." Becker states to the other French-Canadian soldier.

Rupert blinks at the French captain. "Pull back? We only just got here. We've been ordered to dig in, so here we are. Did you run into some trouble or what?" He turns around, yelling to the platoon, "Someone get me Captain HArris on the radio!"

"Yessir, verygood sir," Fawkes responds automatically, pivotting on a heel and heading to the truck to get the gun unhitched and into the dugout. "Somebody find the bloody gunner, then get his arse over here to help shove this godforsaken thing into something like a firing position," he snaps at the men, rubbing an ahcing shoulder.

Captain Harris isn't all that far away. He's back a bit, out of sight, but nearby.

Rupert corrects himself, "Jones, run to get the captain here, pronto."

«Entrenchment» Becker drags 2 pdr antitank gun over to Foxhole!

Le capitaine nods. "There was heavy fighting at Gembloux, but we held them. This a few days ago. Then we received orders to abandon those positions and pull back into France. I am not aware of the picture as the generals see it, though. You have not received any orders to move yourself? I can only assume you are the cover force, then. I think the Nazis will before sunset, they are moving fast.".

Jones slautes, and dashes off in the direction of Harris, looking about for the captain, and jogging up to him with a salute.

Gaetan teases Becker, "You're hear not just for the French, buddy. Don't forget the Jews." He grins.

Underwood removes himself a bit from those with ranks, strange names and confused looks, drinking some water while turning his back on the whole thing, hoping it doesn't exist.

Rupert stares at the captain in incomprehension, "What… France? You're loving Belgium?" This could be "leaving", but he manages to mangle it badly.

Jean-Michel looks freakishly out of place. A Frenchman standing in a squad of British men with whom he can barely even communicate. A stuttered 'yes, yes' or 'oh, okay!' every now and then is all he can really manage. But his ears are on the communication between the British and the French higher-ups. A noted sigh of disappointment with how fast the Nazis are moving.

Becker nods to Gaetan, "I suppose you're right." He then points to Jean-Michel and says in French, "That one there is at least stepping up to the challenge."

Le capitaine is frustrated by Rupert's poor command of the worlds first language, and so switches, reluctantly, to excellent English. "We are pulling back to our fortifications in France, as I said, I am not sure why, we held them in Belgium, but have orders to move. We must be needed elsewhere.".
And then Captain Harris shows up, with Jones with him.

Jones falls a step behind once Harris arrives and starts toward Rupert. Between the brass is not whre a grunt wants to find himself. Brows raise as he glances aside at the canadians, circling his forefinger in a 'Yippee' motion, as he affects a wan grin.

Alfred seems to be annoyed and sad, also confused at all same time, he looks at Rupert and then to Harris for orders.

Rupert scratches his head under his helmet, blinking as the officer switches to English. "France, then? Bloody odd. I don't think we're going anywhere, though. You mind if we hang onto this French chap for a while? Our engineer squad hasn't turned up yet, and we need someone who knows how to plot a trench." He points a finger at Jean-Michel. The lieutenant looks happy to see his CO, calling out, "French gent is planning to drive out of Belgium, sir. Apparently, they're pulling back."

Fawkes waves some of the men over toward the side of the road. "Gather round, boys, gather round. Who's got smokes?" he asks, forcing a wan smile. "No, no, don't smoke myself…"

Gaetan takes a look in Jean-Michel's direction with a nod. In Francais he says, "One out of a thousand right there." He fidgets through a pocket while watching el Capitaine and Rupert converse.

Harris quirks a brow. "Is he now? Well, we've not received any orders saying anything other than we stay put here." he says, with the voice of a man who sounds distinctly unmoved, and so will be unmoving. "Even the French units with us are staying put." he adds, seeing J-M here.

«Entrenchment» Wallace works on improving Foxhole!
Fortification has improved to Slit Trench

Jean-Michel hears himself being spoken of behind by Gaetan and Becker in French but is much more interested in the brass pointing and talking about him in English. He understands the question out of common sense, which does, apparently, exist amongst the French. His eyebrow raises, waiting for le capitaine's response.

Le captaine merely shrugs. "We all have our orders, it seems.". Content in the secure knowledge than General Gamelin knows what he's doing, he returns to his tank, and climbs aboard. "I am sure the generals know what they are doing.". And off he goes, no longer leading his tanks, but following them.

Harris blinks at the department tanks, and then eyes Rupert. "We're not going anywhere until ordered, though I'll tell the colonel about this.". He eyes the truck, and squints. "I'd get that off the road unless you plan on walking home perhaps. The gun is more expendable than the truck is!". And it is true, the 2 pdr is a dinky little toy popgun.

Pvt Becker nods firmly towards Gaetan as he looks towards the single French Solider in the wave of British. As the Platoon Sergeant calls out for the troops he waves fro Jean-Michel to fall in with the rest of the soldiers around Fawkes.
department = departing, behave, typing hand

Fawkes banters with the men while they assemble; as the last gather round, he waves down his conversations. "We need a name, boys. A name and a motto, for morale purposes. Like 'Section Seven, Marching to Heaven,' but not so rubbish. Think on it!" He flashes a smile, stepping away, "You have 'til I get back from moving the lorrie." With that he's off.

«Ground Vehicles» Fawkes gets into Truck.
«Ground Vehicles» Truck leaves Chemin du Prince, headed for Chemin du Prince via West <W>!

Fawkes has arrived.
Fawkes arrives from the West.

Becker doesn't like being put on the spot and spits the first thing out of his head, "Tip of the spear?" The words roll of his tongue remembering it from some novel….well thats where he thinks he remembers it from.

Jean-Michel moves into file next to Becker as he is motioned to do so. See, he understands motions. Just not whatever else they are saying. The Frenchman quietly murmurs to Becker in French, "You speak French? I thought I was going to be lost between les rosbifs and les boches."

«Game» The enemy is near… Mons is now a war zone!

Jones echoes with raised brows, "A name? Is he serious, you think?" is asked with a grin. "Eh.."

«Ground Combat» Alfred moves into Slit Trench.

«Game» Jean-Michel wields his MAS 36!

«Ground Combat» Rupert moves into Slit Trench.

Becker needs to get in position and heads to the west to find a foxhole to provide cover for the slit trench.

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves into Slit Trench.

«Ground Combat» Becker moves West <W>.

Harris heads back to his… command post. Yeah. Thats it.

«Ground Combat» Harris moves West <W>.

Fawkes waves the men to disperse. "Talk later, boys, those Stukas are getting too close for comfort. One with me to the north, the rest in the house. Move!" he barks, then jogs to the treeline.

«Ground Combat» Jones moves South <S>.

Rupert clambers into the trench, "Okay, order of battle as follows. MG and assistant to the West. Two riflemen here. I'm going to the south. Corporal wallace, forward scout to the northeast."

Gaetan gives a salute to Rupert after his order for rifles in this location, "aye sir. I'll cover from here."

«Game» Alfred changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel moves into Slit Trench.

Chemin du Prince
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 12

A main thoroughfare, this road connects Liege, one of the biggest cities in Belgium, to Germany. As might be expected it is a fast road and well suited for military traffic. Even with refugees on it.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#17221) Wallace I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Unmanned (#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun — (1) Slit Trenc Towed Gun
Allied (#14817) Gaetan — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Slit Trench I. M1928A1 Thompson
Allied (#17236) Jean-Michel — (1) Slit Trench I. MAS 36
Allied (#17202) Alfred — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 130%
Stealth : 90% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Command from Rupert» Everyone, eyes east when you're settled in your position.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Game» Jean-Michel changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» Alfred moves West <W>.

Underwood is the other rifleman on the road then, it's a great day to be a Brit.

«Report from Becker» Machine Gun nest still setting up at this time.

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel moves South <S>.

Rupert says to Jean-Michel, "Actually, you South, alone. Call or fire if you see something move." He says in English, "I'm staying here with you boys."

«Ground Vehicles» Rupert moves to operate 2 pdr antitank gun!#-1

Rupert calls out, "I'm going to make sure the Gun is loaded, in case things go bad."

«Game» Wallace changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» Wallace moves North <N>.

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of some sort of Tracked vehicle. (13 12)

«Game» Underwood unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Game» Underwood wields his M68 AT Grenade!

«Report from Becker» Machinegun nest is ready to go.

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!
Rupert screams out, "Take cover!"

«Ground Vehicles» Rupert slips into the Gunner position of this 2 pdr antitank gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Game» Gaetan changes his style to TakeCover!

Underwood quickly mounts the rifle grenades, while saying a small prayer, not like it will help much.

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his M68 AT Grenade at PzKpfw 2C but misses!

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Grenades from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Game» Underwood wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Game» Rupert changes his style to TakeCover!

Shooting Time Delay 0%
Shooting Accuracy -15%
Cover Mods 30%
Melee Time Delay 0%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy 0%
Engage Time Delay 25%
Disengage Time Delay 25%
Engage Modifier -25%
Disengage Modifier -20%
Stealth Modifier 0%
Dash Time Delay 75%

Rupert calls out to Gaetan, "Rifle grenade, get it ready! I'm dropping mine."

«Equipment» Rupert has dropped M68 AT Grenade.

Underwood shouts, "TANK FELL BACK".

«Command from Rupert» It was probably a scout. Get ready for the infantry.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Vehicles» Any vehicle operation tags have been cleared.

«Ground Combat» You are now peeking into Chemin du Prince.

Chemin du Prince
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 12

A main thoroughfare, this road connects Liege, one of the biggest cities in Belgium, to Germany. As might be expected it is a fast road and well suited for military traffic. Even with refugees on it.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Unmanned (#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun — (1) Slit Trenc Towed Gun
Allied (#14817) Gaetan — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Slit Trench I. M1928A1 Thompson
(Item 1) M68 AT Grenade Ranged Weapon / 1. Slit Trench
======================< Chemin du Prince (12 12) >===================
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 130%
Stealth : 90% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

Underwood squeezes his rifle a few times while eyeing the road, lost in his own world for a moment or three.

«Command from Rupert» MG, fire on 12,12 when I command. Got that?
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Report from Becker» MG standing by.

Gaetan keeps his head down during the assault, coughing once the missiles have stopped. He takes a peak down the road again, hand steady around the rifle. Suddenly, he remembers to take off the safety.

«Command from Rupert» Fawkes, I want a man at 13,13, looking South. Is Wallace there? If he is, send him out. That man ought to look South, and fire on the enemy a few bursts, and then pull back, give us advance warning.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Report from Becker» There are two in the MG nest. Myself included. No spares here unless you want to cut the rate of fire down.
«Report from Fawkes» Scout advancing, standby.

«Command from Rupert» Good job, sergeant. Make sure he pulls back early enough, so he's not stranded if we have to withdraw.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel
Chemin du Prince

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage rips through Chemin du Prince to deadly effect, filling the air with lethal shrapnel!
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).
From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "Takecover!!!!!11".

«Game» Rupert changes his style to TakeCover!

Shooting Time Delay 0%
Shooting Accuracy -15%
Cover Mods 30%
Melee Time Delay 0%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy 0%
Engage Time Delay 25%
Disengage Time Delay 25%
Engage Modifier -25%
Disengage Modifier -20%
Stealth Modifier 0%
Dash Time Delay 75%

«Game» Underwood changes his style to TakeCover!

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage batters Chemin du Prince ineffectually.
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).

Underwood grunts as he pulls his head down, "Could almost have figured, they managed to bring their arty with them"

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage rips through Chemin du Prince to deadly effect, filling the air with lethal shrapnel!
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).

Rupert glances around, "Privates, move South. They're not firing artillery there. Scurry on here after the barrage ends. Go"

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 16.

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage batters Chemin du Prince ineffectually.

«Game» Gaetan changes his style to Sprint!

«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).

«Ground Combat» Gaetan moves South <S>.

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage batters Chemin du Prince ineffectually.
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).

«Command from Rupert» MG, move to the West until the barrage ends.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).

"Sir" Underwood protests, not making a twitch to move, "We won't have time to get back up and ready, and the trench is deep."

«Command from Rupert» Run.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage batters Chemin du Prince ineffectually.
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).
«Report from Becker» Roger

Rupert glances back at Underwood, "They're bombarding the road to the East, as well, so it'll take a while. I gave you an order, private. Move."

«Artillery» 105mm Haubitzen artillery barrage rips through Chemin du Prince to deadly effect, filling the air with lethal shrapnel!
«Artillery» Artillery barrage at Chemin du Prince has lifted!
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (11 12).
«Artillery» You hear artillery pounding Chemin du Prince (10 12).

"What" Underwood cups his hands by his ears, not(?) hearing Rupert.

Rupert looks up, "Cancel that, looks like the show is over."

«Command from Rupert» MG, move back. Barrage is over.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Combat» You notice Gaetan arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Command from Rupert» What is your status? Was anyone hurt?
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Report from Becker» Machine Gun Nest, moderate injury to hand.

Gaetan comes running back after the artillery has stopped. Under his breath, he's muttering, "oh crap oh crap oh crap oh…."

«Report from Fawkes» Fawkes: Uninjured, uninteresting.

«Command from Rupert» Christ. Can you still fire the MG?
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel
Chemin du Prince

«Report from Becker» Roger.

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 20.

«Ground Vehicles» You notice PzKpfw 2C arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of some sort of Tracked vehicle. (13 12)

«Game» Gaetan changes his style to TakeCover!

«Equipment» Underwood picks up M68 AT Grenade.

Rupert mutters, "Oh, bugger. The tank is back."

«Game» Underwood unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Command from Rupert» fire on 12,12.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

(From PzKpfw 2C) Lorenz noses along, more cautiously now.
(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

«Game» Underwood wields his M68 AT Grenade!

«Report from Wallace» Contact at 12,13, single Rifle. Tank at 12,12

«Equipment» Gaetan has dropped Mills Bomb.

«Report from Becker» Machine Gun back up and ready. Will fire in less then 1 min.

«Command from Rupert» Fire on the rifle, the tank is firing at us.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Game» Gaetan unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his M68 AT Grenade at PzKpfw 2C but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Grenades from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Vehicles» Rupert moves to operate 2 pdr antitank gun!#-1

«Equipment» Gaetan has dropped M68 AT Grenade.

Underwood fires off the rifle grenade, no luck with that though.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 36.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Equipment» Underwood picks up M68 AT Grenade.

«Game» Underwood wields his M68 AT Grenade!

«Game» Gaetan wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
Gaetan is HIT by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 (Lorenz) mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
Gaetan suffers 1 wound damage to his left arm.
Gaetan suffers 4 wound damage to his right arm.
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Underwood gets the next one ready, this isn't a fun place to be anymore, and he tries to hurry.

Rupert calls out, "Private, move South!" (to Gaetan)

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Game» Gaetan changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his M68 AT Grenade at PzKpfw 2C but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Grenades from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Game» Underwood wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Ground Vehicles» Rupert slips into the Gunner position of this 2 pdr antitank gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!

«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

Rupert glances around at Underwood, "No luck with that, eh?" He blinks as MG bullets whizz through the air.

«Ground Vehicles» Underwood moves to operate 2 pdr antitank gun!#-1

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#14817) Gaetan is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Gaetan :gets ripped up by hot pieces of shrapnel and what not. He stands up with a loud cough and starts to run and hobble as fast as possible to the house!

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 52.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!

«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«OOC» Underwood says "Yeah, I'll load"

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!

«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "Wallace ye dumb bastard, displace!".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!

«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You cannot +peek until the Armageddon Clock has ticked 10 times.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You are now peeking into Chemin du Prince.
Chemin du Prince
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 12

A main thoroughfare, this road connects Liege, one of the biggest cities in Belgium, to Germany. As might be expected it is a fast road and well suited for military traffic. Even with refugees on it.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#14817) Wounded Gaetan — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun — (1) Slit Trenc Towed Gun
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Slit Trench I. M1928A1 Thompson
(Item 1) Mills Bomb Ranged Weapon / 1. Slit Trench
======================< Chemin du Prince (12 12) >===================
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 130%
Stealth : 90% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>
===============================< Positions>===============================
1. Gunner — Rupert
2. Loader — Underwood
3. Loader
4. Loader
==========================================================================

Rupert blinks. "The tank is gone."

«Command from Rupert» MG, fire at 13,12
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Report from Becker» Out of range.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» Gaetan moves South <S>.

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 64.

«Ground Vehicles» Underwood moves to operate 2 pdr antitank gun!#-1

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Command from Rupert» What is the situation up North?
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Report from Becker» Does 12,12 still need supression?

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Command from Rupert» Negative
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 65.

«Report from Fawkes» Wallace is down, Krauts faded away.

«Ground Vehicles» Any vehicle operation tags have been cleared.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (13 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (13 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

Underwood looks a little better in spirit again, holding his head down a bit as they spray on, "They have plenty of ammo with them too, sir"

Rupert hunches low in the trench, remarking to Underwood, "Wonder how long they're gonna keep at this, eh?" He looks visibly shaken, although not quite as shitty-pants as a green officer might be expected to be.

«Command from Rupert» Gaeton, tell the frenchy to come here. You stay put, and watch East.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Report from Fawkes» Wallace is injured. Requesting medic to 11,13.

«Ground Vehicles» You notice PzKpfw 2C arrive at Chemin du Prince.
«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of some sort of Tracked vehicle. (13 12)

«Ground Vehicles» Lorenz works on reloading 2cm KwK 30 L/55 with 2cm KwK30 High Explosive!
Ready to fire!

«Game» You have 50 ticks stored!

«Game» Underwood changes his style to TakeCover!
«Ground Combat» You notice Jean-Michel arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» You notice Wilfred arrive at Chemin du Prince.

(#1196) Underwood is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#17236) Jean-Michel is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!
(#61) Rupert is missed by the 2cm KwK 30 L/55 mounted on (#17237) PzKpfw 2C!

Rupert shouts, "MG, FIRE ON 12,12.".

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Autocannons from Chemin du Prince! (12 12)

«Game» You have 106 ticks stored!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "Roger!".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Rupert calls out, "Frenchie, eyes East! now!"

«Game» Rupert assists Underwood!

2 pdr antitank gun fires 2pdr OQF mk IX (Underwood)… «Ground Vehicles» 2 pdr antitank gun hits PzKpfw 2C (#17237) in the FRONT!
CATASTROPHIC HIT!
ARMOUR CRACKED!
CREW HIT!
Koenig suffers 5 wound damage to his left chest.
«Ground Vehicles» PzKpfw 2C has been knocked out of action!

SPLINTERS!
Metzger suffers 5 wound damage to his left hand.
Metzger suffers 1 wound damage to his left hand.
Metzger suffers 6 wound damage to his right hand.
Metzger suffers 3 wound damage to his left hand.
Lorenz suffers 2 wound damage to its right arm.
Koenig suffers 6 wound damage to his right chest.
Koenig suffers 2 wound damage to his right arm.
Koenig suffers 5 wound damage to his right hand.
Koenig suffers 5 wound damage to his left chest.

«Ground Vehicles» You hear the sound of Tank Guns from Chemin du Prince! (11 12)
«Ground Combat» Koenig has been mortally wounded!

Glory to the brave

«OOC» Rupert says "You have a fool's luck, my man."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Chemin du Prince
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 12

A main thoroughfare, this road connects Liege, one of the biggest cities in Belgium, to Germany. As might be expected it is a fast road and well suited for military traffic. Even with refugees on it.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#17236) Jean-Michel — (1) Slit Trench I. MAS 36
Allied (#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun — (1) Slit Trenc Towed Gun
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Slit Trench I. M1928A1 Thompson
(Item 1) Mills Bomb Ranged Weapon / 1. Slit Trench
======================< Chemin du Prince (12 12) >===================
Unmanned (#17237) Destroyed PzKpfw 2C Light Tank

Axis (#594) Wilfred I. MG 34
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 130%
Stealth : 90% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred deploys his MG 34!

«Game» Rupert changes his style to Banzai!

Shooting Time Delay -20%
Shooting Accuracy 20%
Cover Mods -30%
Melee Time Delay -20%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy -10%
Engage Time Delay -20%
Disengage Time Delay 20%
Engage Modifier 10%
Disengage Modifier -10%
Stealth Modifier -90%
Dash Time Delay -10%

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Wilfred with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 10 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

Underwood moves away from the AT gun and pulls up his rifle instead, turning his attention to the east.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Rupert stands up, opening fire on the MGer. "Come on, let them have it! Fire away!"

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Jean-Michel but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (12 12)!

«Game» Jean-Michel changes his style to Banzai!

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Wilfred with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 11 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Jean-Michel but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (12 12)!

Rupert stands up, firing a few shaky bursts at the German machinegunner.

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel fires his MAS 36 at Wilfred and hits!
Wilfred suffers 5 wound damage to his abdomen.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Wilfred has been mortally wounded!

Wilfred is firing his machinegun, but not for very long. There's an oof as a bullet thuds into him with a meaty sort of sounds, and he cries out.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Rupert claps first Underwood, then Jean-Michel on the shoulder, "Good job, chaps. I'll see you get a medal for this, private." The latter to Underwood.

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "Ach, mein gott!".

«Command from Rupert» Cease fire.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel
Chemin du Prince

Underwood points to the last kraut out there, Ritter. Well, he's crawling off anyway.

Jean-Michel fires his first combat shot and… He's clapped on the shoulder by Rupert. Smiling and looking rather proud of himself, the French private just nods to the captain.

Rupert blinks into the haze, "You see something out there, private?" He obviously doesn't see Ritter.

«Ground Combat» Underwood fires his Lee Enfield SMLE at Ritter but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel fires his MAS 36 at Ritter and hits!Ritter suffers 2 wound damage to his right chest.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

Underwood fires off a shot next to Ritter, "There, sir"

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You look around for hidden targets in your line of sight.

Chemin du Prince
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 12

A main thoroughfare, this road connects Liege, one of the biggest cities in Belgium, to Germany. As might be expected it is a fast road and well suited for military traffic. Even with refugees on it.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Slit Trench
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#17236) Jean-Michel — (1) Slit Trench I. MAS 36
Unmanned (#17199) 2 pdr antitank gun — (1) Slit Trenc Towed Gun
Allied (#1196) Underwood — (1) Slit Trench I. Lee Enfield SMLE
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Slit Trench I. M1928A1 Thompson
(Item 1) Mills Bomb Ranged Weapon / 1. Slit Trench
======================< Chemin du Prince (12 12) >===================
Unmanned (#17237) Destroyed PzKpfw 2C Light Tank
Axis (#14537) Wounded Lorenz I.
Axis (#168) Corpse of Koenig I. Kar98k

Axis (#594) Dying Wilfred I. MG 34 (D)
Axis (#8856) Wounded Ritter I. Kar98k
Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 130%
Stealth : 90% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

Jean-Michel fires off one right after Underwood and connects, "Oui. La."

Rupert blinks. "Oh, you're right. I see a few armormen too."

Rupert shouts, "RECOMMENCE FIRE, MG, UNLESS YOU'RE RUNNING LOW ON AMMO.".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Ritter but misses!
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Ritter with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 12 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel fires his MAS 36 at Ritter and hits!
Ritter suffers 7 wound damage to his left chest.

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "Sir, we can use some extra ammo. But we are currently fine.".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Ritter has been mortally wounded!

Ritter doesn't make it all that far, bullets go faster than he can crawl.

Rupert blinks. "You're a real marksman, aren't you?"

«Report from Becker» 229 rounds right now at the MG Nest.

"I have plenty of ammo, should I drop some off for them?" Underwood asks, all loaded up as he is.

Rupert waves to the MG to stop firing. He nods to Underwood. "Run."

«AngelOfDeath» Wilfred breathes his last…

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 53.
«Game» Underwood changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» Rupert reloads his M1928A1 Thompson!

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel reloads his MAS 36!

«Report from Becker» That was us starting at 350-400 rds.

Rupert nudges Yves-Michel, "You see that last German there on the road? Give him something to remember us by."

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves West <W>.

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel fires his MAS 36 at Lorenz but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

Rupert helps Jean-Michel aim, pointing out the enemy.

«Game» Rupert assists Jean-Michel!

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel fires his MAS 36 at Lorenz and hits!

Lorenz suffers 2 wound damage to its left leg.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Lorenz moves East <E>.

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 49.

«Report from Gaetan» We got company down at the house

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (12 11)!

Rupert calls out, "Move south, man!"

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel reloads his MAS 36!

Rupert shouts, "MG, FIRE ON 12,11.".

«Ground Combat» You notice Underwood arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Game» Rupert assists Jean-Michel!

From Urban, a male voice shouts, "Take that back to Berlin, Fritz!".

Jean-Michel reloads his gun again, looking over at where he was just shooting. Not seeing any movement, he props his gun up into a ready position. He's ready to move.

Rupert pushes Jean-Michel to the South, urging him to move faster.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Game» Jean-Michel changes his style to Standard!

Rupert shouts, "WHAT'S YOUR POSITION IN THE NORTH?".
"Stay or move south?" Underwood asks as he comes back from the MG crew.

Rupert says, "Move South."

«Game» Rupert assists Underwood!

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel moves South <S>.
«Ground Combat» Underwood moves South <S>.

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "All clear North!".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (12 11)!

Rupert shouts, "HOW MANY MEN DO YOU HAVE THERE?".

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "Sir, shall we commence fire to 12 11?".

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "One point two!".

Rupert shouts, "JOLLY GOOD, STAY PUT.".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert shouts, "MG FORWARDS, NOW.".

«Ground Combat» You notice Becker arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (12 11)!

«Game» Rupert assists Becker!

«Ground Combat» You notice Alfred arrive at Chemin du Prince.

Becker runs in as ordered, "Where do you want us setup Sir?"

Rupert calls out to Becker, "Lets get your MG set up so you can assist our chaps to the South."

Rupert adds. "Here. When you're ready, open fire on 12,11."

«Ground Combat» Becker deploys his Bren Gun!

«Game» Rupert assists Becker!

Alfred nods his head to Becker, "Need another shot?" he asks to Becker, a bit worried.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Becker deploys the bipod and aims the gun in a slighty upwards arc to the south east.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Game» Alfred assists Becker!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (12 11)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

From Urban, a male voice shouts, "Hey boss! We only had two jerries east, and one's gone! You want your two lads back?".
«Ground Combat» Alfred reloads Becker's Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Becker spits out the last of his tracer fire and slams a new mag in, he then resumes firing.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

Rupert says to Becker, "Cease fire after this magazine."

«Game» Rupert assists Becker!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

Becker continues to fire round after round to the south east.

Rupert shouts, "SEND THEM DOWN AND LEAVE THE WOUNDED CHAP THERE, AFTER THE OTHER HUNN IS GONE TOO.".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Game» Rupert assists Becker!

Alfred hmms, "Anyone watching east?"

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» Rupert reloads Becker's Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (12 11)!

Becker is out of ammo after the last few rounds spit out tracer fire, "Reload!" he shouts. With the magazine empty he eases up on the trigger and takes the time to get a better view of the east.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert nods to Alfred, and says curtly, "Yes, I'm watching that way."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert easily slips into the assistant position, handing Becker a new mag.

Rupert shouts, "YOU NEED MORE COVER FIRE FROM THE MG, OR ARE YOU FINE?".

Becker looks to Rupert for further guidance of if he still needs to shoot.

«Game» Alfred assists Becker!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert murmurs to Becker, "There's only one Hunn there, so I'd rather conserve ammo unless he gets company."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (12 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Equipment» Rupert has dropped .303 British x 42.

«Equipment» Alfred picks up .303 British x 42.

Rupert says, "Here's some ammo. Are you running low?"

Becker nods firmly to the Lieutenant, "Yes Sir." The Bren gun is the charged sending a round into the chamber, "I have twenty rounds on me." giving a round count for the other two to be aware of.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Alfred shakes his head and takes out his lucky backpack, "Its still full sir." he reports.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert nods, "Good show. I doubt the boys to the South need any help, from the sound of things."

Alfred nods his head, "Shall we return to our post sir?"

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert shakes his head at Alfred, "No, stay put for now. This way, you can more efficiently support our other positions. If another tank comes along, you go back West, but not otherwise."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Game» Becker changes his style to Banzai!

«Ground Combat» You look around for hidden targets in your line of sight.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Becker nods to the Lieutenant and repeats, "Other then a tank, we fall back to the west." The weapon contineus to survey but sees nothing.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert settles a bit lower in the trench, calling out to BEcker, "You better keep your head down, private, if they send another barrage our way."

«Game» Rupert changes his style to RapidFire!

Shooting Time Delay -35%
Shooting Accuracy -35%
Cover Mods 30%
Melee Time Delay 0%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy 0%
Engage Time Delay 25%
Disengage Time Delay 25%
Engage Modifier -25%
Disengage Modifier -20%
Stealth Modifier 0%
Dash Time Delay 75%

«Ground Combat» You notice Fawkes arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Becker nods as he listens to the Lieutenant, "Yes Sir."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert glances around at Fawkes, "What are you doing here, man? I expect they might try the North, next. We have to keep that position manned."

«Game» Becker changes his style to RapidFire!

«Report from Wallace» Single SMG at 11,13

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Rupert nudges Fawkes, "Go, back north."

«Game» Rupert assists Fawkes!

Fawkes duck-walks down the trench, and glares daggers when the Lieutenant questions him. "Make up yer mind, L'tenant," he spits, heading back the way he'd come.

Rupert turns to Becker, "Fire a clip at 11,13.

Alfred nods his head to Becker.

«Game» Alfred assists Becker!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
Becker resettles the Bren Gun behind some sandbags and takes up a good firing stance behind the weapon. The position gives him a good angle to shift fires in a 90 arc of a 90degree heading able to cover the entire front.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert says to Becker, "Fire a clip at 11,13, go."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Urban (12 11) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Forest (11 13) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes moves North <N>.

Alfred turns to Rupert, "Shall I go and assist the defense sir?"

«Game» Alfred assists Becker!

«Ground Combat» You notice Underwood arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

Becker pulls the trigger sending bullets down range and a wave of empty shell casings fly out of the side of the Bren gun.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Forest (11 13) with his Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» Alfred reloads Becker's Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert shakes his head at Alfred. "You stay put. I'll go and patch the corporal up. Keep your eyes peeled to the East. Underwood, North, now. With me!"

«Game» Rupert changes his style to Sprint!

Shooting Time Delay 0%
Shooting Accuracy 0%
Cover Mods -20%
Melee Time Delay 0%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy 0%
Engage Time Delay -30%
Disengage Time Delay -30%
Engage Modifier 20%
Disengage Modifier 20%
Stealth Modifier -85%
Dash Time Delay -35%
«Game» Underwood unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!
«Ground Combat» Rupert moves North <N>.

Forest
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 13
Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Foxhole
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Foxhole I. M1928A1 Thompson
Allied (#17231) Fawkes — (1) Foxhole I. M1928A1 Thompson
Allied (#17221) Wounded Wallace — (1) Foxhole I. Lee Enfield SMLE
======================< Chemin du Prince (12 12) >===================
Unmanned (#17237) Destroyed PzKpfw 2C Light Tank

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>
«Game» Fawkes changes his style to Banzai!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Lorenz but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Forest
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 13

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Foxhole
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Foxhole I. M1928A1 Thompson
Allied (#17231) Fawkes — (1) Foxhole I. M1928A1 Thompson
Axis (#523) Herzog I. Kar98k
Axis (#312) Keller I. Kar98k
Axis (#168) Koenig I. Kar98k
Axis (#14537) Lorenz — (1) Foxhole I. MP40
Allied (#17221) Wounded Wallace — (1) Foxhole I. Lee Enfield SMLE

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

«Ground Combat» Lorenz fires its MP40 at Fawkes but misses!

«Game» Wallace changes his style to Banzai!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

«Ground Combat» Wallace moves to engage Lorenz in close quarters combat, but fails.

«Ground Combat» Koenig fires his Kar98k at Fawkes but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (11 13)!

Fawkes charges his German counterpart, firing from the hip.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Bullets fly through the air!

Rupert shouts, "ENEMY STORMING TRENCH! GET HERE NOW, ALFRED".

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Lorenz but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert shouts, "MG CEASE FIRE".

«Ground Combat» Lorenz fires its MP40 at Fawkes but misses!

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "Which way? North?!".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Game» Rupert changes his style to Banzai!

Shooting Time Delay -20%
Shooting Accuracy 20%
Cover Mods -30%
Melee Time Delay -20%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy -10%
Engage Time Delay -20%
Disengage Time Delay 20%
Engage Modifier 10%
Disengage Modifier -10%
Stealth Modifier -90%
Dash Time Delay -10%

«Ground Combat» Your accuracy hitting Lorenz is :-
Base skill (maybe with sniping bonus) 55%
Damage penalties then make this 55%
Adjustments for fire mode are 5% so now its 60%
Range multiplier is x1 so now it's 60%
Emplacement accuracy modifier is x1 60%
Combined style multiplier is x1.56 93.6%
Recoil modifier is x0.757576 so accuracy is now 70.909114%
Combat stress modifier is x0.68 leaving you on 48.218198%
And the multiplier for cover and obscurement,
your own and the targets, is x1
so your accuracy is now 48%
Your multiplier for being on horseback is x1 48%
Horseback multiplier for them is 1 48%

Last but not least, the modifier for flanking fire is x1
…which means your final accuracy is 48%!

Lorenz is indeed in the trench, with lots of buddies behind him, but he looks merely the head of a lot of Jerries.

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Lorenz and hits!
Lorenz suffers 3 wound damage to its left leg.

Lorenz suffers 5 wound damage to its left leg.
Lorenz suffers 7 wound damage to its abdomen.
Lorenz suffers 3 wound damage to its left leg.
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Lorenz with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 48 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!
«Ground Combat» Lorenz has been mortally wounded!

«Ground Combat» Your accuracy hitting Herzog is :-
Base skill (maybe with sniping bonus) 55%
Damage penalties then make this 55%
Adjustments for fire mode are 5% so now its 60%
Range multiplier is x1 so now it's 60%
Emplacement accuracy modifier is x1 60%
Combined style multiplier is x1.44 86.4%
Recoil modifier is x0.757576 so accuracy is now 65.454566%
Combat stress modifier is x0.68 leaving you on 44.509105%
And the multiplier for cover and obscurement,
your own and the targets, is x0.375
so your accuracy is now 17%
Your multiplier for being on horseback is x1 17%
Horseback multiplier for them is 1 17%

Last but not least, the modifier for flanking fire is x1
…which means your final accuracy is 17%!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Koenig and hits!
Koenig suffers 6 wound damage to his head.
Koenig suffers 6 wound damage to his right hand.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!
«Ground Combat» *boom* Headshot!!!

Rupert calls out, "Come on men, let them have it!"

Forest
================================================================================
The Grid-----> > > > > THE GREATEST GENERATION < < <


Coordinates : 11 13

Tall, regal trees reach for the sky as they have for hundreds of years, their crowns lending welcome shade in the summer and frosty artwork in the winter. Old leaves cover the ground, but obscured by plentiful underbrush, they are more felt than seen when walking over them. It is an oasis in an area otherwise covered by farmland, left alone to flourish where elsewhere the hand of man has cut down every tree for their own needs.
It is currently dusk.
Sub-Rooms :
1. Foxhole
===============================< In Your Location >===========================
Allied (#61) Rupert — (1) Foxhole I. M1928A1 Thompson
Allied (#17231) Fawkes — (1) Foxhole I. M1928A1 Thompson
Axis (#523) Herzog I. Kar98k
Axis (#312) Keller I. Kar98k
Axis (#168) Corpse of Koenig I. Kar98k
Axis (#14537) Dying Lorenz — (1) Foxhole I. MP40
Allied (#17221) Wounded Wallace — (1) Foxhole I. Lee Enfield SMLE

Room Modifiers :
Elevation : 1 Cover : 50%
Stealth : 150% Inf.Move : 130%
West <W> East <E>
South <S> North <N>

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "On my way sir!".

«Ground Combat» Keller moves into Foxhole.

Fawkes sees the trench-sweeping German go down, so brings his weapon to shoulder and rips through a rifleman… making it look easy.

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Keller and hits!
Keller suffers 6 wound damage to his right chest.
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Keller with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 45 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!
«Ground Combat» Keller has been mortally wounded!

«Game» Keller unwields his Kar98k!
«Game» Keller wields his Stielhandgranate!

«Game» Wallace unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!
«Game» Wallace wields his Mills Bomb!

Keller jumps into the trench, stick grenade in hand, but promptly gets met by Mr Bullet on the way.

Rupert fires off two accurate bursts, blasting away the german.

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Rupert and hits!
Hits hard cover.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Herzog but misses!
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Herzog with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 17 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes reloads his M1928A1 Thompson!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires his Bren Gun at Herzog but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

Rupert calls out, "Still one german out there!"

«Ground Combat» You notice Underwood arrive at Forest.

«Game» Fawkes loots the body of Keller

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!

«Game» Fawkes loots the body of Lorenz

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires his Bren Gun at Herzog but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wallace fires his Mills Bomb at Herzog and hits!
Herzog suffers 5 wound damage to his right arm.
Herzog suffers 6 wound damage to his left arm.
Herzog suffers 7 wound damage to his right hand.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Grenades from Forest (11 13)!

«Ground Combat» Rupert fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Herzog but misses!
«Ground Combat» You shoot at Herzog with your M1928A1 Thompson! Your accuracy is 17 percent!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert calls out, "Mg to the East! Becker, fire at 12,13!

«Ground Combat» Herzog moves West <W>.

«Ground Combat» You notice Alfred arrive at Forest.

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Wallace and hits!
Hits hard cover.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!
Forest

«Game» Underwood unwields his Mills Bomb!

Wallace has had his face pinned to the ground when all of a sudden the forest erupted in flames, so he did the only thing he could think of… he tossed a grenade to clear the air. When he looks up, it seems to have worked, as most of Fritz has vanished from sight.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Game» Underwood wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

Rupert says, "Alfred, go to 10,13 and look north. RUN."

«AngelOfDeath» Keller breathes his last…
«AngelOfDeath» Lorenz breathes his last…

Fawkes kicks the weapons from the Germans' hands, just in case they wake one last time—it's happened before. "You blokes don't think it's getting a touch crowded here, do you?"

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Underwood but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

Rupert says, "Make sure that bastard doesn't flank us."

Alfred runs from the southern path with his mills bomb on his hand, he stops as he sees 3 corpses, "Great." he says, "I cant see anyone else." he says and nods his head to Rupert, "As you wish." he says and runs north

«Equipment» Wallace picks up Stielhandgranate.

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Underwood and hits!
Underwood suffers 6 wound damage to his right chest.
Underwood suffers 7 wound damage to his left chest.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!
«Ground Combat» Underwood has been mortally wounded!

«Report from Becker» MG has 20 rounds.

Underwood has time to switch his eyes around before he gets plugged good and hard in the chest.

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!
«

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

«Medic Code» Rupert attempts to stabilise Underwood and succeeds! Underwood is gonna make it!

«Game» Underwood unwields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Ground Combat» Alfred moves South <S>.

«Ground Combat» Fawkes tries to fire his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but his weapon is jammed!

Wallace spins his head on a swivel, actually growling in frustration before he grips his rifle again. "Where is he?" Apparently he means whichever of those bastards shot him.

«Game» Rupert changes his style to RapidFire!

Shooting Time Delay -35%
Shooting Accuracy -35%
Cover Mods 30%
Melee Time Delay 0%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy 0%
Engage Time Delay 25%
Disengage Time Delay 25%
Engage Modifier -25%
Disengage Modifier -20%
Stealth Modifier 0%
Dash Time Delay 75%

«Command from Rupert» frenchy, run to 11,13, NOW.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "I am British!".

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Urban (11 11)!

«Command from Rupert» the french engineer
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 20.

«Report from Becker» Sending French Engineer to the old MG nest to cover down.

«Game» Fawkes changes his style to RapidFire!

Rupert shouts, "NO, WE NEED A RIFLEMAN HERE. EITHER HIM OR YOUR ASSISTANT.".

«Report from Becker» MG is now solo at the Slit Trench. Plenty of ammo though.

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes and hits!
Fawkes suffers 1 wound damage to his left chest.
Hits hard cover.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!
«Game» Rupert assists Underwood!

Rupert pushes underwood, "Move South, run!"

Fawkes pours ammo back at the machinegunner, apparently too fast. He jerks the offending round free and lets the weapon cool as he gets back down low—taking a graze across the chest in the process.

«Game» Wallace wields his Stielhandgranate!
«Game» Fawkes unjams his M1928A1 Thompson!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (10 13)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Underwood isn't running anywhere, more of crawling and dragging, but he's on his way.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

Rupert says to Wallace, "Corporal, move South. Now."

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (10 13)!

«Game» Wallace changes his style to Banzai!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«OOC» Rupert says "sprint man, sprint"
Keller has left.
Lorenz has left.
Koenig has left.

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

«Game» You have 108 ticks stored!
«Game» Rupert assists Underwood!

Fawkes hugs dirt, firing his Tomygun over the lip of the trench one-handed in fright.

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 14.

«Game» Rupert assists Underwood!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!

«Ground Combat» Underwood moves South <S>.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (10 13)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (10 13)!

Rupert turns to Wallace, getting ready to help the other wounded man away.

«Report from Jones» Two fresh men still at the far south. OrderS?

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Wallace leans up over the edge and lifts a hand, potato masher ready, but growls when the order comes across and uses that momentum to haul ass south.

«Game» Wallace changes his style to Sprint!

«Command from Rupert» move north, both of you. Wallace will replace you there.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

Fawkes is outdone in reach, firepower, and now ammo capacity.
«Ground Combat» Fawkes reloads his M1928A1 Thompson!

«Command from Rupert» I want two bloody riflemen at 11,13, so Fawkes and I can pull back.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes fires his M1928A1 Thompson at Wilfred but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Submachine Guns from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert nudges Fawkes, "Pull back, man. That's an order."

«Game» Rupert assists Wallace!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (10 13)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Fawkes but misses!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» Wallace moves South <S>.

«Game» Rupert assists Fawkes!

Fawkes deposits another several hundred grams of lead toward the machinegun, then takes the order as he'd been fighting: with a wheeze.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Rupert but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

Rupert shouts, "RIFLEMEN HERE AT 11,13, PRONTO! PASS ON THE ORDER!".

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "On our way! Be there in one minute! Pull back when you want!".

«Game» Fawkes changes his style to Sprint!

«Game» Rupert assists Fawkes!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (10 13)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Rupert but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Game» Your combat stress is currently 24.

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Rupert and hits!
Rupert suffers 2 wound damage to his right hand.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

From Chemin du Prince, a male voice shouts, "coming now! Move the wounded south!".

«Ground Combat» You notice Jones arrive at Forest.
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» You notice Gaetan arrive at Forest.

«Game» Rupert assists Fawkes!

«Ground Combat» Fawkes moves South <S>.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

Rupert calls out, "To the east, fire at the MG there! I'm pulling back." He's bleeding from his hand.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» Wilfred fires his MG 34 at Rupert but misses!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Forest (12 13)!

«Game» Gaetan changes his style to Standard!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Chemin du Prince (10 12)!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Game» Rupert changes his style to Sprint!

Shooting Time Delay 0%
Shooting Accuracy 0%
Cover Mods -20%
Melee Time Delay 0%
Melee Attack Accuracy 0%
Melee Block Accuracy 0%
Engage Time Delay -30%
Disengage Time Delay -30%
Engage Modifier 20%
Disengage Modifier 20%
Stealth Modifier -85%
Dash Time Delay -35%

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Game» Jones changes his style to Banzai!

Gaetan runs in from the south location, finding simple cover in the foxhole. He's aiming his gun into the forests to the east, scoping his target.
Rupert darts South, clapping the two of you on the shoulder on the way

«Ground Combat» Rupert moves South <S>.

Becker looks towards Wallace, "Reload me after the third burst Corporal." The
Corporal may be in charge, but this was his Machine Gun and he knew how to run it.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Forest (12 13) with his Bren Gun!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (11 13)!

Fawkes hurries down the ditch, into the position, and seeing the rapid firing he drops off his satchel of Bren magazines. "Don't let the barrel get too hot," he shakily whispers.

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "Bugger yourself with the big gun Fritz!".

«Game» Fawkes changes his style to Stealth!

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert calls out, "Is anyone to the South? Tell me someone is to the South." He's bleeding from a scratch to his hand.

«Report from Becker» COnfirm still need suppression at 12,13 with MG fire.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!
«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Forest (12 13) with his Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (11 13)!

Becker fires his last burst of ammo from the MG looking for another magazine, "Reload." he states. Yes the barrel was hot, but she still had many more rounds left before needing to be changed out.

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (11 13)!

«Command from Rupert» Report in, damnit.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Combat» Wallace reloads Becker's Bren Gun!
«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Machine Guns from Chemin du Prince (11 12)!

«Ground Combat» Becker fires indirect at Forest (12 13) with his Bren Gun!

«Command from Rupert» How many bosch do you see, and at what locations? You need to answer this.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Ground Combat» You hear the sound of Rifles from Forest (11 13)!

Rupert mutters to Becker, "Cease fire until I get a situation report."

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "Machine gunner dead, firing at the rifle!".

«Report from Jean-Michel» No bosches 'ere. Zey 'ave gone nord.

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "at 12,13".
From Forest, a male voice shouts, "Last rifle retreated".

«Command from Rupert» Where the hell is here? Be precise, frenchy.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

Wallace was counting them, and as the word leaves Becker's lips, he slaps in another canister, watching it click into place and waiting for the count. Wallace is fine with taking some orders from Becker… he is the assistant in this situation, after all.

«Report from Jean-Michel» 10 12.

Becker eases off the trigger and takes the oppertunity to switch barrels. The Canadian rushes to his bag and pulls out a barrel from some folded cloth. He hands this to Wallace, "You know how to do this?" he says as he dawns on a pair of gloves for the hot barrel.

Fawkes pauses to catch his breath, gaping at the worse-for-wear Panzer on the road. "I-I-I'll check on the lads to the south," he stammers as he works around in his shirt to bandage up his graze.

Rupert nods to Fawkes, clapping him on the shoulder. "Do that. Good man."

«Command from Rupert» is 10,13 clear?
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan
Jean-Michel

«Report from Jean-Michel» Oui!

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "No enemy at 10,13!".

«Game» Rupert assists Fawkes!

Rupert says, "So is anyone to the South? I need an answer."

Rupert starts moving to the South himself, muttering to himself.

«Game» Fawkes changes his style to Sprint!

«Ground Combat» You notice Alfred arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» Fawkes moves South <S>.

Rupert kneels down. "I'll treat that scratch. You, rifleman, south now." He points at Alfred.

«Ground Combat» You notice Jean-Michel arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Equipment» Alfred has dropped .303 British x 160.

Wallace can't help but grin slightly and nods. "Yeah, I got it." If his injuries are bothering him, he's not showing any sign of it. Stubborn bastard. And with that he moves to help replace the barrel of the MG.
Alfred nods his head and drops some more ammo. "As you wish sir." he says.

«Ground Combat» Alfred reloads his Lee Enfield SMLE!

«Report from Fawkes» No-one in the building to the south.

Rupert shouts, "STAY THERE, SERGEANT, IN CASE THE ENEMY ATTACK. I'M SENDING TWO MEN THERE.".

From Forest, a male voice shouts, "West, north, and east are clear!".

Rupert nudges Jean-Michel, "If you're still combat effective, move South."

Becker looks to Wallace, "You ready to change this barrel before it melts?" His gloved hands hover over the hot barrel ready to begin unscrewing the damn thing.

When Wallace states he is ready, he begins to unscrew the thing as fast as he can. It burns and is never fun, but it had to be done. The hot barrel is dropped on the ground and left there to cool off for the time being. "Clear." he says waiting for the new barrel to be inserted.

Jean-Michel moves in along the trenchline, bleeding heavily from his right hand. He looks pained and it shows in his face. The frenchman looks somewhat confused as Rupert nudges him but he goes anyway. The wounds aren't gonna bug him apparently.

«Medic Code» You look over Wallace.
[Damage]--------------
LEFT RIGHT
_
|[ ]|
|[ ]|
-

_ / \
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ]/[ ] [4]\[ ]
/ / \ [ ] |[ ]| [ ]
[ ] |[ ]| [ ]
\ / / _ \ \ /
/ / \ [ ]/ \[ ]
/[1] [ ] _/ / \ \_
|
| |__|
BRUISE
WOUND
First aid possible on locations .
Constitution damage is 0
Medicine possible on locations right chest left leg.

«Ground Combat» Jean-Michel moves South <S>.

Rupert moves towards Wallace, taking out his medical kit. "Lets see what I can do, corporal." The lieutenant seems to have gained a lot of self-confidence with the more or less succesful combat.

«Ground Combat» Alfred moves South <S>.

«Announcement from Death!»
From Chemin du Prince, Becker looks to Wallace, "You ready to change this barrel before it melts?" His gloved hands hover over the hot barrel ready to begin unscrewing the damn thing. When Wallace states he is ready, he begins to unscrew the thing as fast as he can. It burns and is never fun, but it had to be done. The hot barrel is dropped on the ground and left there to cool off for the time being. "Clear." he says waiting for the new barrel to be inserted.
From Chemin du Prince, Jean-Michel moves in along the trenchline, bleeding heavily from his right hand. He looks pained and it shows in his face. The frenchman looks somewhat confused as Rupert nudges him but he goes anyway. The wounds aren't gonna bug him apparently.
From Cafe Mason (16 4), Alice smiles, seeing Gabriel move in. Always vigilant, that one. She doesn't seem too surprised. But she is happy to see him. "Hello there, how are you?" She asks the man, warmly. Then looks over to Henrik, "Alright." Looks like Henrik's made a friend, for better or worse.

«Announcement from War!» Sounds like the Cafe is the place to be. Women, booze, and no bullets flying at you.

«Medic Code» Rupert successfully performs first aid on Rupert!

Rupert shakes his head, stepping away from Wallace, "The wound has already started scarring. Nothing I can do. Stiff upper lip until we can get you to the hospital, old chap." He throws a quick bandage on his own wounded hand instead.

Rupert nudges Wallace, "In fact, I want you to draw back now. Tell Captain HArris that we are almost combat-ineffective due to injuries. Get yourself treated, too."

Rupert adds, "And tell the captain to send us reinforcements."

Wallace inserts the next barrel, moving quickly to screw it into place. With that done he grabs the barrel brush and runs it down the length of the barrel twice to push away any debri from packing before pulling away from the machine gun. Once the Lt has finished looking him over he shrugs a single shoulder and growls in a voice that betrays only a slight bit of pain. "'Tis but a scratch."

«OOC» Rupert says "Your bloody arms off"

Rupert repeats, less softly, "That's an order, corporal. I need someone to link up with the CO now. I'll take over with the MG."

Becker reinserts the magazine into the machine gun and pulls the charing handle loading a round in the chamber. With his thumb, he flips the safety off the weapon. He surveys the east searching for signs of advancing Germans.

«Ground Combat» You notice Bentley arrive at Chemin du Prince.

«Ground Combat» You notice Sidney arrive at Chemin du Prince.

Sidney follows the captain along with Bentley, the two coming in as a medic team and reinforcements.

«Ground Combat» Harris moves into Slit Trench.

Becker reinserts the magazine into the machine gun and pulls the charing handle loading a round in the chamber. With his thumb, he flips the safety off the weapon. He surveys the east searching for signs of advancing Germans. (reposes for the new arrivals)

Harris turns up after the shootin's stopped, like a good officer. "Sounded like all hell just broke loose, Rupert. You gave Jerry a warm welcome? Whats your situation here?" he says, not wasting any time with the questions.

Bentley makes his way forward with the Captain, pausing as he sees the people present. Starting to make his way in their direction, as he sees the wounds.

«Ground Combat» Bentley moves into Slit Trench.

Sidney climbs down into the trench with the others, a demolitions pack on his back.

«Ground Combat» Sidney moves into Slit Trench.

Wallace manages to get to his feet and start making it south, when he sees Harris make his way north. He turns to the Lieutenant, and with a work of effort manages to keep the smirk off of his face. "Done."

Rupert stands up as Harris walks to the Trench. He looks dirty, bloodstained, and has a bandage around one hand - fortunately his injury doesn't look severe. He blinks his watery blue eyes at Harris, calling out, "Destroyed Kraut armor, took out a group attacking the road, as well as two flanking parties. No KIA on our side, but almost all of my men are wounded." He lets out a deep breath; he looks like he's almost fainting with exhaustion. "My men did well." He shoots a glance at Wallace.

Becker is injured, though his left hand is already bandaged and has been treated. The bandages appear to be wrapped well by whomever had done the job. Though the Canadian is by far to busy to worry about those arriving in the trench because his eyes are to the east watching for more Germans.

Harris indicates Bentley and Sidney. "Reinforcements, such as they are. I think half the company is still spread out all over Belgium. I checked with the CO, our orders are definitely to hold here, so here we bloody well stay.". He eyes the wounds. "While we can, anyway. I'll need a report on what Jerry was up to, and I'll need it quickly, Rupert. And I especially need a roll call of your platoon. Any seriously injured, we have a lorry to take back to Arras tonight. The Luftwaffe is the very devil during the daylight hours on vehicles.".

"Right, sir. The corporal here needs to be evacced, and so does private underwood. I'm not sure about the French marksman, I think he looked pretty bad as well." Rupert nods tiredly to Harris. "Report, sir, quicly. Will write."

Bentley studies all the wounded in turn, shaking his head a little. "You're all patched up as much as my skill can do anything with," he offers, as he looks between the others present.

Sidney offers a nod to the men after the captain's introduction. "Private Will Sidney, demolitions and combat engineer. Here to help you out if you find those Jerries need a minefield to slow their tanks, or one of their bunkers busted." A quick smile, his expression of enthusiasm marking him clearly not a veteran of combat.

Rupert points to Sidney, "You, up North, eyes East. Go." He points to Bentley, "South, eyes East, run." He seems to be a lot more assertive than before right now.

«Command from Rupert» everyone come to 11,12.
«Command» Command received by :-
Becker
Bentley
Fawkes
Alfred
Underwood
Jones
Wallace
Gaetan Jean-Michel
«Ground Combat» You notice Alfred arrive at Chemin du Prince.
«Ground Combat» You notice Jean-Michel arrive at Chemin du Prince.
«Ground Combat» You notice Gaetan arrive at Chemin du Prince.
«Ground Combat» You notice Jones arrive at Chemin du Prince.

Sidney nods back. "North it is, then." as he ducks down to start moving quietly north.

«Ground Combat» Sidney moves North <N>.

Rupert nods to Harris, "Sir, I summoned the men here. Perhaps you'd like to adress them? I'm sure it would mean much to them. I'm very proud of how they handled themselves under fire."

Becker stands along the eastern edge of the slit trench with the brengun tucked into his right shoulder. The weapon is pointed eastward scanning the horizine for any signs of movement that aren't friendly. When he sees his Canadian friend Gaetan he smiles, "Good to see you made it through. I thought that tank ripped you in half."

Alfred runs from the southern path, with his rifle at his hand, "Ah." he says and gets attention, he says and relaxes a bit, he was afraid of an assassin or someone…

Jean-Michel comes moving in from the house to the South, shortly in tow behind Alfred. His right hand is bandaged up and rifle in hand as well while running with Alfred. He looks a tad bit shaken but not too bad.

Wallace has mostly managed to keep himself quiet during this whole time, simply kneeling down in the trench to catch his breath… an interesting task considering the way half of his air is pushing and pulling through a sucking chest wound.

«Game» Mons is no longer a war zone!

Harris looks over the beat up squad. "You seem to have done well. This is the first contact my company has had with Jerry, so I'm especially glad it went well. And it looks like you've told Herr Hitler that he's not going to have this war all his own way.". He takes a moment doing a quick headcount.

Sidney has arrived.
Sidney arrives from the North.

Sidney returns to the south. "North is clear. A whole buncha Jerry weapons up there. Rifle and a submachinegun. You blokes did good running him clear."

Gaetan says to Becker, "Yeah, still got dirt in my nose, eh?" He says with a smile.

Rupert nods respectfull to Harris, and adds, "Good show, men. Jerry will think twice before trying to come through here again." He calls out, "Okay, all clear for now. The new men will stand guard, you lot can go to the reserve trench to have a smoke, some water, and get a breather." To HArris, he says, "You mind if I go as well, sir? I need to write out that report."

Becker looks towards Gaetan, "I have all the stuff to make some flapjacks." Though when he looks at his pack, he notices a wet spot at the bottom. It could have been the fragil eggs inside or maybe someones blood. "Well if they eggs made it, we can cook 'em in the morning if you still got the syrup." Though when the Lieutenat speaks up he begins to shut his mouth.
Alfred nods his head, "Sir, may I recommend taking the Truck here and get the wounded back to the base?" he asks. "We have many wounded."

Rupert adds to Wallace, "Corporal, you go on the truck, see that the other wounded are gathered with you and sent behind the lines. I'm asking those of you who have minor injuries (1-2) to any location to bear it out with us."

Wallace coughs out a quick "Sir" before getting to his feet and slowly making his way up and down the trench. He doesn't really talk much, instead he just taps a shoulder on each man and hooks a thumb towards the truck. Gaetan, then Jean-Michel, then Fawkes.

Gaetan starts to move toward the truck upon Wallace's direction.

Becker nods firmly to Gaetan, "When they send you back up here. Bring some eggs. I dont need to tell you how horrible the field rations are going to be out here."

Jean-Michel nods once and goes to head into the truck, remarking to Gaetan in French, "Painful?"

Gaetan has left.
Jean-Michel has left.

Jones quips to Gaetan as the wounded withdraw, "Oh I see how it is- skipping out on that drink, eh?" A grin.

Harris shakes his head at Rupert. "Not back to Arras, Rupert. You'll need to get a dugout for yourself out here. Just like the last war, eh?" he says with ghoulish cheerfulness, not that either of them are old enough for that. But the last war looms large on any soldiers mind.

Becker looks towards Jones, "Did that cheese eating bastard promis you a drink and skip town?" Becker shakes his head as he begins to pack up his MG to fall back to the rear trench for a smoke and some shut eye. "He owes a lot of drinks. Good luck up seeing him pay up."

Wallace has left.

Sidney settles into the trench, looking around again as if a bit restless for any sign of Germans approaching. A moment's pause as he holsters his pistol for the rifle slung over his back.

«Game» Sidney unwields his Webley Mk VI!
«Game» Sidney wields his Lee Enfield SMLE!

Rupert blinks at Harris, chuckling, "No, not Arras. I mean just back to the reserve trench. And from what I've heard, I hope this won't turn out /exactly/ like the last war, Michael." Hmm, change of tone. Earlier on, he was wondering about the missed glory of the Great War.
Jones scoffs. "Bastrard!" he shouts westward, with a chuckle. Shrugging to Becker, he smiles, "Now I know, eh? Say, any chance of getting a gunner who knows how to shoot the big girl?" with a motion toward the two pounder.

Sidney glancees over to the antitank gun. "Don't know how to shoot it, but I could rig it to blow if you had to leave it here pulling back to Arras." A low chuckle.

Harris ahs. "Well, of course, Rupert, back you go. I'd rather not have a report which is too muddy anyway.". A pause, and a pensive look. "I hope it won't turn out exactly like the last war either. But Lord Gort isn't of questionable merit like Haig. Man has a VC."

Rupert pauses on his way, blinking, "A VC. Yes, that has to count for something." Somehow, he doesn't sound quite so sure anyway. He pauses, calling out, "I'm going to recommend Private Underwood for a medal of gallantry. Man doesn't know how to use an AT gun, but blew that tank away without hesitation. Anyway, cheerio, Michael." He calls out in a louder voice, "Sergeant Fawkes is in charge while I'm gone."

"Well, I read Lord Gort's citation, he's certainly personally brave. In any case. Report.". Harris wants his paperwork, alright. And with that he hurries off, he has other platoons to check.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.